Friday, December 5, 2008

SWEET: MFers Visit

Soooo one of my favorite peoples is visiting today! I can’t wait to see her! We have a lot planned for two days and uncharacteristically some of it is quite touristy, skating in Bryant Park, visiting the seasonal Christmas shops and the tree at Rockefeller center. Crowds, tourists traps and out-of-towners are very not me. Not that I don’t believe people shouldn’t have the right to come visit, or congregate at some point of interest, I just usually don’t want to be there. Why? Because there is nothing worse than getting stuck behind a high looker or slow walker when you are in a rush to get someplace. Walking around may be your form of perusing the streets or casual window shopping, but for me it’s my main means of transportation and I can’t be bothered. However, a little part in me is excited to see the tree all lit up and go ice skating since I never do stuff like that. I guess once a year I can put aside my bitter NYer-ness and find the mid-western in me.

No comments: