Thursday, February 26, 2009

SWEET: President’s Address to Congress

So I was watching the president’s address to congress on Tuesday night, and I have one comment – What is up with standing up and clapping after every time he says something? I understand it’s all moving and full of important issues that need to be dealt with, but come on people, after every single sentence? Let’s keep it to the really select statements or really moving issues. I mean – I think some of the older people were getting motion sickness. And quite frankly – it was pissing me off. I mean – let him get out a full idea before you start clapping every 3 words.

Obama: Kids today need our help
Clap Clap Clap
Obmaba: they are important parts of our society
Clap Clap Clap
Obama: and more importantly they are our future
CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!!
Obama: so lets move boldly and swiftly
CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!!

That address was like 60 % talking 40 % clapping and standing. You can think of it like the word “innovative” or “awesome” once you start using it to describe everything – it starts to loose its relevance and impact. What do you think?

1 comment:

tlynnehein said...

agreed. (clap clap clap for val) good (clap clap clap for val) point (clap clap clap for val) valid (clap clap clap for val) all of the above (clap clap clap for val)